Re: [css3-backgrounds] Should a non-zero border-radius create a new stacking context ?

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:55:45 -0800
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Friday 2010-11-19 20:43 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> It's not  clear to me why this is useful or desirable. Should we
> treat curved borders as a composition effect similar to opacity or
> transforms ?

I think making the addition of a rounded border cause changes in
z-ordering would be confusing to authors.

I think what's actually odd here is that overflow != visible doesn't
cause changes in z-ordering (to group things inside it).  But we've
had that oddness for a long time.  (Is it interoperable?)

-David