RE: [CSS3-UI] Problems with pointer-events draft

Thanks for the pointer.

Question about Issue 5:
"In SVG 1.1 the 'pointer-events' property only applies to 'graphics elements', but in css3-ui it applies to all elements. Why?"

I am really concerned about this issue.  There was a long discussion among the SVG working group, the CSS working group, and several browser developers over this very question.

The conclusion was that the svg tag should not trigger pointer events like the SVG spec states and as noted here: http://www.w3.org/2010/09/27-fx-minutes.html#item03
Originally, the plan was to include this explanation in an SVG spec, but it was concluded that it should be in the CSS specs instead.

Has something changed?