Re: a new proposal for grid layout, derived from MSFT's

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 22:10:04 +0100
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Markus Mielke <mmielke@microsoft.com>
Le 17/11/10 21:38, Brad Kemper a écrit :

> I disagree with this comment about spanning. Having a container that spans rows or columns is incredibly important for layout.

In the case of grids, it's not spanning, it's positioning.
Spanning make sense only when the "normal" position of a block
is between two vertical adjacent lines and two vertical horiz
lines of the layout, ie a table. In our case, a grid, my proposal
already covers easily spanning just tweaking the surrounding lines.
It's trivial to extend a block from one position to another one
without needing an extra -span property. Hence my comment above.

</Daniel>