Re: [css3-background] New use case for background-position-x (&y!)

From: Lee Kowalkowski <lee.kowalkowski@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 23:45:53 +0000
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
On 9 November 2010 23:29, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is "typical" only because it is *required*.  Using
> background-position to do spriting prevents you from tiling the
> sprited image.

It doesn't, I have used tiling on sprited images (see previous email).
 It's just normally not desired, in which case the prevention is
inconsequential because it's not even required.

Why do the limitations of a technique disturb you?  Everything has
limitations.  Techniques that endeavour to have no limitations
sometimes are so overwhelming that authors seldom bother learning
them.

--
Lee
www.webdeavour.co.uk