Re: [css3-background] New use case for background-position-x (&y!)

Lee Kowalkowski wrote:

[snip]
> Your argument is actually absurd, because it's arguing against
> background-position too, saying one must not use it for image sprites,
> I'm not wishing to debate that.  Only the omission of
> background-position-x and -y.
>
> Do you actually have an objection against -x and -y?  I haven't seen
> one.  These "image-sprites are hacks" objections apply to
> background-position itself also, I'd like to see a specific objection
> to -x and -y.

If two implementations support a property, it is possible for it to
become a standard. The following is supported in IE8+.

-ms-background-position-x
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms530719%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

-ms-background-position-y
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms530720%28v=VS.85%29.aspx