Re: UI for CSS Media Queries and value-less features

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 11:16:56 +0100
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Also sprach Daniel Glazman:

 > All in all, this gives me the feeling the value-less media features
 > are a spec feature that is good to have from a strict browser point
 > of view but (a) is redundant with min-xxx (b) did not consider
 > "editability", if you allow me this neologism...
 >
 > I would recommend:
 >
 > 1. discuss if value-less media features are really needed and if
 >     the 'min-xxxxx: 1' features are not enough

You could make similar arguments about shorthand properties.

Comparing these:

  @media all and (color) { ... }
  @media all and (min-color: 1) { ... }

I'd say the first is comprehensible, while the second is not.

And the spec is in CR.

Therefore, I would be reluctant to make changes at this stage.

Cheers,

-h&kon