[css3-background] New use case for background-position-x (&y!)

From: Lee Kowalkowski <lee.kowalkowski@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:36:16 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,

No idea if this is too late for the spec, I only just realised I
wanted this.  Hopefully it will pick up browser support regardless.

My use case has arisen from a card game I'm currently writing.  I
decided to put all my playing cards into 1 graphic, x position defines
rank, y position defines the suit, like a static CSS sprite.

I give my playing card elements class names like "diamonds rank-10", I
want to apply background-y depending on suit and background-x
depending on rank, using _different_ class names.

If I could do this, I'd only need to define 17 rules in my CSS file,
instead of a rule for all 52 cards (I've already done this, I just
think the 17 rules would look a lot better).

That's it thanks!

--
Lee
www.webdeavour.co.uk