White-space handling for East and SE Asian scripts in CSS3

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 09:42:56 +0100
To: <www-style@w3.org>, <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
In case it's of use to anyone, I have published a set of notes about how CSS3 whitespace processing handles use cases in Chinese and Thai etc. at http://www.w3.org/International/tests/tests-html-css/tests-white-space/white-space-use-cases.html

If I've understood things correctly, I'm thinking that we should align the SE Asian method of line break transformation with that of the East Asian scripts.

The tables link to test pages that are also accessible via http://www.w3.org/International/tests/tests-html-css/list-white-space  (The results pages linked from there are out of date.  I'll try to update soon.)

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)