Re: [flex-units] unit abbreviations and the flex()

On May 28, 2010, at 6:18 PM, Eli Morris-Heft
<eli.morris.heft@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone who has the hang of negative margins (...no offense, Brad
> ^_^;;)

Yeah, yeah, rub it in. 8-p

I do use negative margins all the time, but I had paddings and borders
on the brain too.

> should probably be able to handle the concept of the flex part of a
> width being negative.

I certainly can, and completely agree. I'd just prefer something more
elegant. Calc() is more elegant than TeX (IMO), but 'min-width' is
more elegant than both, thus something like 'starting-width' or
whatever might be good for when a width is just preferred. As an
input. But it doesn't seem to help with flexible margin, though
(unless we added 'min-margin', etc., and I don't think there's much
appetite for that), so calc() still seems to be needed there at least.