RE: [css3-text-layout] New editor's draft - margin-before/after/start/end etc.

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 16:33:02 +0000
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>

I'm still not sure I understand. How margin values are interpreted is already
defined. The 20px part applies to top/bottom while the 10px part applies
to right and left. So if you rotate made top/right/bottom/left for the margin
shorthand based on writing-mode, what happens to the longhands e.g. margin-left ?
If those stay physical then the longhand version of the shorthand will result
in a completely different result and I'd expect that to be jarring to the author.

> So, I'm saying that the problem has a solution today.

Well, yes. IE does this already it can't be bad, right ?