Re: [flex-units] unit abbreviations and the flex()

"Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:

> Referring to http://www.xanthir.com/:wih document.
>
> I don't think that 'fl' is particularly good name for flex units.
> One of the reasons is that character 'l' is very close
> to either 'I' or '1' in most of fonts in use for development.
>
> I think that something like 1fx is better.
>
> But I would like community to consider '*' (star) as a flex unit
> designator.

Can't be done; '1*' is not a DIMENSION token.  '1fl' is readable enough
in my opinion, but I wouldn't object to '1fx'.

I have no strong opinion on any of the rest of what you say, although I
think that it would be better to arrange things so flex units can
participate in calc expressions, than to introduce a new function.

zw