Re: Flexbox Draft, with pictures!

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:50:55 -0500
Cc: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Rather than trying to change everything at once, maybe it would be better to make individual proposals.

For example, we could start by getting rid of box-align, box-pack and box-flex in favor of flex units.  I am very much in favor of such a change to the spec, and I suspect most other interested parties are as well.  I think this proposal could be integrated relatively rapidly into the current draft.

A second proposal could address box-orient and box-direction.  I happen to think box-orient and box-direction are better than flex-begin (in its current form at least).  This could be integrated separately once we work out what we want to do here.

A third proposal could address how multiple box lines should be handled (with an eye towards cutting the feature if it looks too complicated).

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)