Re: Flexbox Draft, with pictures!

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 11:38:19 +0200
To: "Ojan Vafai" <ojan@chromium.org>, "David Hyatt" <hyatt@apple.com>, "Molly E. Holzschlag" <mollyh@opera.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, 26 May 2010 11:10:15 +0200, Molly E. Holzschlag <mollyh@opera.com>
wrote:
> To imply terminology doesn't matter (looking at Anne) is absolutely
> false when it comes to offering information to the masses. Maybe it
> doesn't matter as much to implementers, who of course are focused on
> building software. But David's concerns here are an exact manifestation
> of unclear nomenclature passing from the W3C into the world.

I think you misunderstood. I'm not saying terminology doesn't matter. I'm
saying the semantics of the terminology don't matter. (Although I'm not
disputing that it would be nice if it is mostly correct.) XMLHttpRequest,
while being woefully inaccurate from a semantic point of view (it's not
just about XML or even HTTP), works fine. The difference between "flexbox"
and "flex" is way more subtle than that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/