Re: [css3-multicol] The purpose of multi-column layout?

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com
> wrote:

> See:
>
> http://www.terrainformatica.com/w3/test-columns-floats.htm
> http://www.terrainformatica.com/w3/test-columns-floats-fixed.htm
> either in FF or GC.
>

> Usually such paginations require some
> manual tweaking - even content reordering/editing.
> Automatic column balancing of arbitrary content
> is a challenging task.

We're choosing the minimum column height consistent with the rules of CSS.
If CSS offered more flexibility in placing floats, we could probably find a
better layout automatically.

Rob
53:5-6]