Re: Flexbox Draft, with pictures!

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com> wrote:
> Given that "box" is shortest and seems to feel like it describes the
> parent and not the child, perhaps we can just keep that?

The word "box" is already used throughout CSS to just mean "the thing
in CSS that is the equivalent to an element in a DOM tree".  I think
trying to use the term "box" to mean "flexbox" as the current draft
does is a big mistake as it overloads the word confusingly.  I haven't
looked specifically for it yet, but I suspect the current spec
probably ends up using "box" inconsistently anyway, since it's so
natural and common.

I'm all for shorter names, but not when they end up confusing people.  ^_^