Re: [css3-color] #rrggbbaa annotation

From: Alberto Lepe <dev@alepe.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:28:13 +0900
To: www-style@w3.org
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Alberto Lepe <dev@alepe.com> wrote:

> We've never excluded new features from quirks mode in the past.  It
>> seems likely to create author confusion for little benefit.
>>
>> I think the solution in this case would be to add this new feature
>> for CSS only; you were proposing to add it to HTML as well, and
>> parsing of HTML colors in quirks mode accepts colors with any number
>> of digits and tries to do something with them.
>>

> Oh I see. Thank you David.
>

> > you were proposing to add it to HTML as well
>
> Sorry, I think it wasn't me... I agree that this should be only added to
> CSS.
>
> Regards.

Oh!, maybe you mean about the post in the gecko follow-up? I post it just as
a reference to what Boris Zbarsky posted in the webkit request and in the
gecko comments. But now that you said, I should have not posted that, as it
may create confusion.
I have to accept that I didn't know that the values in the HTML were
rendered differently from the ones in CSS (as I don't use colors in HTML).