Re: [css3-color] #rrggbbaa annotation

On Friday 2010-05-21 13:18 +0900, Alberto Lepe wrote:
> So what with the quirks mode? If I understood correctly they (gecko devs)
> are afraid to break pages using quirks mode?
>
> I personally think that this addition should be done in the standard mode
> only. Quirks mode should render exactly as it does today. People using this
> annotation must know that it will be only available in standard mode. Or...
> am I wrong?

We've never excluded new features from quirks mode in the past.  It
seems likely to create author confusion for little benefit.

I think the solution in this case would be to add this new feature
for CSS only; you were proposing to add it to HTML as well, and
parsing of HTML colors in quirks mode accepts colors with any number
of digits and tries to do something with them.

-David