Re: [css3-text] CSS3 suggestion for text-underline

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 18 May 2010 09:37:04 -0700
> Von: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>

> On May 18, 2010, at 8:31 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>
> > you expect the underlines to line up?
>
> Yes, I do.
>
> > Even if that means that either the "text" looks terrible or the "Some"
> looks terrible?
>
> They line up in Webkit, and do not look terrible. In fact, I think Firefox
> looks worse. Firefox does keep the underline the same size when the
> underline is assigned to the parent element, but then the thickness is also based
> on the parent element, when most of the time I would prefer a 1px
> underline, as in Webkit:
>
> <a style="font-size: 50px;">
>    S<span style="font-size: 10px;">ome
>    more text</span>
>  </a>
>
> In Firefox, this feels like a hackish way to get a thick bar drawn
> underneath small text.

I just happen to notice that this code

is rendered differently in Firefox based on the Doctype. Without a Doctype, the underline changes thickness and position, but with a strict HTML4 Doctype it lines up and remains 1 pixel thick.

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser