Re: [css3-mediaqueries] Touch enabled devices

I am not sure, but I think the staff contacts ought to discuss this.  We perhaps should have a session at TPAC where we talk about the increasing leakiness of the 'virtual pointer/virtual keyboard' logical interface.  People are talking about speech input as well (what do those who cannot talk do?).

On May 19, 2010, at 6:33 , Gregers Gram Rygg wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Sorry for my extremely late answer.
>
> How do you suggest we proceed to solve this problem?
>
> Gregers Rygg
>

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:24 PM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
>> I am a little concerned we not get too 'physical' here.  Our current input model is of a logical keyboard and logical pointing device, but these can be physically instantiated in a number of ways (e.g. typing by voice recognition, pointing by keyboard keys).  We have concepts like 'focus' and 'enter characters'.
>>
>> This is important because, among other things, accessibility relies on finding alternative physical ways to meet the logical interface.
>>
>> I am a little concerned that we are having this discussion somewhat piecemeal at the W3C, as well (various groups are discussing 'touch' and I am not sure they have the same model).
>>
>> David Singer
>> Multimedia and Software Standards, Apple Inc.

David Singer