Re: [css3-text] CSS3 suggestion for text-underline

From: Thomas Phinney <tphinney@cal.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 22:05:24 -0700
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 2:08 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> Forwarding message for archiving.

Defining the default underline behavior should be part of any effort
to give users the ability to further modify the underline. A default
underline should use the values in the font for underline position and
thickness. Even if it doesn't, the underline should still scale with
the text.

(Yes, the Chrome/Safari/IE behavior is simply incorrect.)

--
"I've discovered the worst place to wander while arguing on a
hands-free headset."  http://xkcd.com/736/