Re: Selectors, vendor prefixes (again...) and IE9

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 09:48:25 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
On Saturday 15 May 2010, Brian Manthos wrote:
> I'll toss another opinion onto the pile.
>
> 3. When W3C specification rewinds to less than CR -- the unprefixed
> property should be disabled

This rule shouldn't be necessary. The process for making CR is a lot different
today than it was in 2001. Hopefully this shouldn't be problem in the future.

Also I think your suggestion would force "text-shadow" and a few other
wellknown properties to require vendor prefix. That is unlikely to happen.
Removing ::selection doesn't really matter, but the general idea behind
changing it now is wrong.

`Allan