Re: Selectors, vendor prefixes (again...) and IE9

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 09:46:43 +0200
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> The problem is once something is shipped with no vendor prefix,
> the genie is out of the bottle.  We can't then ship a new version
> that breaks a feature that people may have come to rely upon.

Ok, let's take this assertion more closely then. Naive questions.

All browser vendors have _now_ different implementations of ::selection.
Shipped implementations. Reaching consensus will imply changing code
of shipped features, right? Will probably break a few things "people
may have come to rely upon", right? Or because it's shipped will we
remain with non-interoperable implementations of the same non-prefixed
feature?

</Daniel>