Re: Selectors, vendor prefixes (again...) and IE9 and Opera and WebKit

Le 14/05/10 12:45, François REMY a écrit :

> If every UA has an implementation of ::selection,
> I would prefer keeping it unprefixed an introduce
> a new draft defining only ::selection, so that we
> could advance on this projet whithout slowdown-
> ing the rest of the CSS3 Selectors API.

Only if (1) UAs have interoperable implems
         (2) we can reach consensus on spec

In the meantime, vendor prefixes are needed. That's the rule,
for every browser vendor, and it was decided BY browser vendors.
"Do what I say, not what I do" is not an option here, sorry.

> Vendor-prefixing is not fair.

For the users? It's not fair to put under the same umbrella
different things? It's not fair to let appear as a standard
(because w/o prefix) something that is not a standard?

Is it fair for WebKit to have implemented ::selection w/o
prefix while everybody knew (a) it's not standard (b) it was
removed from the spec because explicitely "at risk" ?

Come on...

</Daniel>