Re: Selectors, vendor prefixes (again...) and IE9 and Opera and WebKit

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:41:38 +0200
To: Philippe Wittenbergh <ph.wittenbergh@l-c-n.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Le 14/05/10 12:23, Philippe Wittenbergh a écrit :

> I don't want to disappoint you, but WebKit also supports ::selection (no vendor prefix).

Then WebKit should move back to ::-webkit-selection too.

Weird feelings to see that something everyone agreed to remove from a
spec because "at risk" is implemented w/o prefix and even w/o a common
definition as if it were already a standard.

I am requesting from Microsoft, Opera and the WebKit team an email to
this list explaining *precisely* their specification of ::selection.

Mozilla, please also contribute a mail about ::-moz-selection possibly
more precise than the contents of [1].

In particular, please document the edge cases, inheritance, etc.
The CSS WG will then decide what to do with this pseudo.

FWIW, I am myself _strongly_ in favor of going back to vendor prefixes.
I am fed up of seeing vendors not doing what they recommend to
others.

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/En/CSS/::selection

</Daniel>
--