Re: [css3-background] background-size and zero length

Brian Manthos wrote:
[snip]
> div {
>  background: url(http://www.microsoft.com/favicon.ico) / 0.00833333330px 100px aqua;
>  /* Cover IE with Microsoft wallpaper; hide it in Firefox. */
>  background-size: 100px 100px;
>  height: 100px;
>  width: 100px;
> }

IE will be locked out anyway without any strange hack.

background: url(legacy.png) top left; /* for legacy browser */
background: url(resized.png) top left / 100% 100% no-repeat;

> Note that this example doesn't apply directly today because neither Opera nor Firefox appear to support background-size values in the background shorthand no matter what I attempt to throw at them.

These browsers need the engine prefix.

-webkit-background-size: 20% 100%;
-khtml-background-size:20% 100%;
-moz-background-size:20% 100%;