[css-3 colors] Transparent backgrounds

From: Alex Meiburg <timeroot.alex@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 19:21:57 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
I was wondering how a transparent background should be rendered bu user
agents. Suppose the body element (and perhaps the html element too) had a
semi-transparent value - should they be cast against a white background, or
should the window actually appear transparent as well, allowing the
desktop/other windows to show though?

If the latter, how should this be rendered on mobile platforms?

Personally, I would be expecting a white background, but it would be
interesting to have translucent parts of the webpage.

~6 out of 5 statisticians say that the number of statistics that either make
no sense or use ridiculous timescales at all has dropped over 164% in the
last 5.62474396842 years.