RE: [css-flexbox] Computation Algorithm

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 13:49:01 +0000
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> Tab, I asked for one sentence explanation of the box-flex. For the army
> of web developers who will try to use this. Just imagine that
> you are writing manual explaining the flex for ordinary people.

Fwiw, I'm much closer in expertise to the 'army of web developers' and
the practical value of most 'one-sentence explanations' when it comes
to things CSS is too close to zero to matter. Tab's explanation is exactly
what's needed. That's the manual I'd buy :)

Concise is great but not when it comes at the cost of clarity. (Which is
why so many standard specs are too hard to read for mere mortals: they put
concise first).