Re: Fw: RE: [css-flexbox] Summary of planned changes to Flexbox Module

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> However, the situation David presents doesn't *necessarily* require
>> additive flex, I believe.
>
> Maybe so, but if you want to be able to map the Webkit/Gecko model into your
> model, you'll need it. I think that's worth having.

That's reasonable.  Is a calc() expression acceptable for handling
this, as you and I used in our examples?  So that, frex, calc(200px +
1fl) would trigger the obvious additive behavior, starting from 200px

David and I discussed having min-width/height trigger this, but
thought it might be too weird at the time, and I think I feel more
strongly about it being weird now.

~TJ