Re: Extending CSSOM Views matchMedium with callback

From: João Eiras <joaoe@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 20:11:36 +0200
To: "Kenneth Christiansen" <kenneth.christiansen@openbossa.org>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:53:52 +0200, Kenneth Christiansen
<kenneth.christiansen@openbossa.org> wrote:

> Ola Joao,
>
> That would mean that the user would have to manually call all
> matchMedium queries the user is interested in to find out which one
> changed, without us being able to optimize this by not redoing the
> parsing of the queries etc.

Hardly an issue given that media change is not a bottleneck neither
frequent, but more like a developer feature, or a UI toggle in the user
agent (change to print preview for instance). So, I really don't see the
point in making an optimization like this, if you can actually call it
that.

--

João Eiras
Core Developer, Opera Software ASA, http://www.opera.com/