Re: Fw: RE: [css-flexbox] Summary of planned changes to Flexbox Module

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 16:30:38 -0700
To: <robert@ocallahan.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "Adam Del Vecchio" <adam.delvecchio@go-techo.com>, <www-style@w3.org>
About:
"width: calc(200px, 2*)"

How is it different from just:

width: 2*; min-width:200px;

?

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com

From: Robert O'Callahan
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 3:33 PM
To: Tab Atkins Jr.
Cc: Adam Del Vecchio ; www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: Fw: RE: [css-flexbox] Summary of planned changes to Flexbox Module

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 4:46 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

  You can still set min/max-width.  Does that address your needs?  Using
  flex units means changing from the additive flex model that Flexbox
  currently describes to an absolute flex model.

This is actually a problem, as David pointed out.

Maybe we can solve it using calc()? I.e., "width: calc(200px, 2*)"?

Rob
--
"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all." [Isaiah 53:5-6]