Re: [css3-background] possibly too late for last call, but: background-opacity?

I would also like this to be included ... I guess it's too late. :-(

There are quite a few people who have asked about this ("background
opacity" on Google).

I can imagine fading a button's background (gradient or gradient image)
from "less than opaque" to fully opaque on hover.

The same for border-opacity.

If it's impossible to include these features in CSS 3, might they be
included in "3.1"?

Glen.