Re: [css3-lists] Proposal: list item marker from the content of the li element

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:17:29 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:
> There may be other methods we could use to activate this as well.  I
> think the use-case is important to solve, but I don't have any idea
> what the best way to do it is yet.  ^_^

I think if we get something like this to work

   li[marker]::marker { content:attr(marker) }

we can more easily introduce a new markup-level feature that can be
implemented in terms of CSS. I think the above is more or less how we
already expect ::marker to work, so basically we need to get ::marker in
browsers and experiment a little bit with it. Not sure if we need to get
much more complicated than that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/