Re: Are CSS animations a done deal?

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 6:22 AM, Lars Gunther <gunther@keryx.se> wrote:
> 2010-03-29 23:16, Robert O'Callahan skrev:
>>
>> My personal opinion is that CSS Animation makes sense for presentational
>> animations, but I don't want to see CSS Animation used for animations
>> that are essentially animated images (like most Flash ads).
>
> Mark my words. That will happen!
>
> To many "ninjas", too many "clever" people, too much incentive!
>

> --
> Lars Gunther
> http://keryx.se/
> http://twitter.com/itpastorn/
> http://itpastorn.blogspot.com/

Lars, I agree with you. Having CSS animations is pretty cool - Its
very good to have other way to animate elements without using
Javascript or Flash - but I think they should be declared elsewhere,
not in the CSS as in "style".

IMHO it could be better if they can be included and declared something like:

<link href="anims.csa" rel="animation" type="text/csa" media="screen" />

I think having a different categorization will allow a better
implementation for controlling/stopping animations in the browser.

Just my opinion, don't take it too serious.

With the current idea, I wonder what is suppose to happen with the CSS
animations in media="print" ? does the browser would turn it off
automatically?