Re: Frameset/Frame Specification Amendment (HTML+CSS)

"Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> frameset/frame per se is indeed out of scope of CSS but
> styling of framesets (that can be made of iframes) *is* a subject
> of CSS discussion. The point is that not HTML5 nor CSS3 provide
> features that are in frameset e.g. splitters and their specific view-span
> layout features. Without providing alternative ways of reproducing
> alternative (hopefully better) ways of achieving the same behaviors
> obsoleting <frameset>'s is just a good wish.

Exactly.

Well, although I'm heavily using frames and framesets for the reason of your
above-mentioned properties, my heart doesn't cling to these elements "per
se". So if splitting and dynamic sizing became a CSS property, I'd be served
with as well... (Yet basically this would re-invent what already exists.)

It's right as you say, I'd say...

Cheers,
Axel Dahmen
www.axeldahmen.de