Re: Frameset/Frame Specification Amendment (HTML+CSS)

From: Axel Dahmen <brille1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 00:16:09 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
I agree to Brad's response.

Ajax is no replacement for using frames. Doing so would be a way of leaving
intrinsic browser features aside just to rebuild them with substantial
manual effort, affecting three distinct channels: HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
This effort can easily be left aside if using frames.

Frames are also fully accessible to disabled users, in contrast to your
assertion.

I don't believe that using server-side script to reload a whole page again
and again would be a serious alternative to the bandwidth-saving use of
frames.

I'm very much looking forward to a further constructive discussion on my
suggestion.

Cheers,
Axel Dahmen