Re: Suggestion for generic CSS vendor prefix

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> If there is a problem we need to solve here, it's that for some properties
> there's a long gap between the syntax and behavior freezing and the spec
> going into CR, at which time unprefixed implementations are officially
> allowed. Fixing that requires a change in policy and/or process.

So does anyone have a specific proposal on how to fix this?  What
would be an appropriate procedure to freeze syntax for a given
property and allow unprefixed use?  There have been some fairly
specific suggestions from the "introduce a shared prefix" camp, but no
one has come up with an actual proposal for dropping prefixes sooner
(that I've seen).  This is a real problem, and a solution is needed.