From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 02:02:34 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style@w3.org

During the 3-17-2010 telecon we spoke briefly about
subscripts/superscripts:

> <jdaggett> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Feb/0245.html
> jdaggett:  one of the features that is not in the spec already relates to
>            sub/superscript support. OT can support a variant glyph
>            suitable for sub/superscript resizing. it's also designed to
>            look and feel like the rest of the text in that context. it's
>            analogous to real smallcaps vs. synthesized smallcaps
> <jdaggett> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Feb/0247.html
> <TabAtkins> character-transform: super|sub
> jdaggett/fantasai/tab: we need to way to use this OT feature if the glyphs
>            are available, but simulate it with vertical-align:super when not.
> <fantasai> that's what Tab's proposal is
> <fantasai> my comment was that the property Tab proposed should also reset
>            vertical-align and font-size to their initial values at parsetime
> <fantasai> the same way a shorthand does

Fantasai, could you clarify what you mean by using a new property (e.g.
'character-transform') as a shorthand for new property values and
font-size/vertical-align?

Are you saying that this property is a pseudo-shorthand in that it
resets other property values but doesn't actually otherwise use their
values?