Re: transitions vs. animations

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 06:01:57 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 20/03/10 16:50, Simon Fraser a écrit :

> It's a misconception that most transitions are triggered directly by
> user events. In the majority of the content that we've written, transitions
> are triggered by JS changing the class name on an element, which
> is normally associated with some state change in the content. This may
> be initiated via a user event, or it may not.

In the majority of examples I have seen so far, and not coming only
from Apple or Webkit people, transitions are JS-triggered. But I guess
we'll see more and more :hover-based transitions in the near future.

Le 20/03/10 15:19, Håkon Wium Lie a écrit :

> In my mind, these are both animations triggered by different events.

There's one big difference. Transition of a given property is in fact
triggered by a value change of that property. Animations cannot be
triggered that way.

</Daniel>