Re: Background-repeat:extend (for gradients)

On Mar 18, 2010, at 4:07 PM, "Robert O'Callahan"
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> In Gecko we started with the idea of using background-repeat:repeat
> as a magic value that would extend the gradient infinitely.

I think that is not the same thing. As I understand it, extend would
not repeat anything; it would just show what was beyond the 0-100%
extents of the gradient. So in the direction of the gradient path,
that would be solid color, usually, and just in the opposite direction
would it be similar to magic repeat.

> We backed off that before we shipped. I now prefer background-
> repeat:extend.

I support having extend too, as it would be different from 'background-
repeat:repeat' when the image size is small enough to notice.