Re: is there a reference page for -moz-box ?

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:26:34 -0700
Cc: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>

On Mar 18, 2010, at 6:35 AM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:

> I see, now it makes sense why many people suggest using  -moz-inline-box instead of inline-block.

I used to used to be one of those authors, but 'inline-block' is pretty well supported now (as long as you are not trying to set it on something in IE6 that has an initial display of block, like a DIV). The most notable thing about '-moz-inline-box' from my point of view was its annoying differences from 'inline-block' (such as how margins inside the box are handled, AIRC). I also learned to put the 'display: -moz-inline-box'  BEFORE the 'display: inline-block' in my rules, so that newer versions of FireFox would not use the older substitute.