RE: is there a reference page for -moz-box ?

I see, now it makes sense why many people suggest using  -moz-inline-box instead of inline-block.

Perhaps it would be good to fix the MDC pages (or make https://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS/display more specific).

-----Original Message-----
From: L. David Baron [mailto:dbaron@dbaron.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 6:25 AM
To: Alex Mogilevsky
Subject: Re: is there a reference page for -moz-box ?

On Thursday 2010-03-18 13:11 +0000, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> Links to https://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS/-moz-box and
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS/-moz-inline-box are broken, and
> elsewhere on the web there seems to be a confusion that
> -moz-inline-box is Mozilla version of inline-block (including a list
> apart article
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/prettyaccessibleforms/  and
> sitepoint http://reference.sitepoint.com/css/moz-inline-box ).
>
> Is there a different reference page that I can't find?

There definitely was a lot of confusion.

-moz-box is the new display type described in http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-flexbox/ ; -moz-inline-box is the inline version of it (very rarely used by XUL authors, but more commonly used as a workaround for the lack of inline-block support before we supported inline-block).

-David