I'd like to see a better reason that "the name threw me off" before considering renaming animation-fill-mode. The term is has been used in SMIL and SVG animation since < 2000, Microsoft's WPF since (approximately) Vista, Core Animation since OS X 10.5, and probably many other places as well.

I think people familiar with animation will understand the meaning.

Dean

On 12/03/2010, at 7:13 AM, fantasai wrote:

>  - Reviewed Simon's animation-fill-rule proposal:
>      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Mar/0010.html
>    The property name is confusing, but the proposal seems otherwise
>    good, and will be added to the Animations draft with a note about
>    possible renaming.

[snip]

> Animations fill modes follow-up

[snip]