Re: [CSSOM] CSSRule.NAMESPACE_RULE

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:21:17 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:14:48 +0100, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:

>>> The specification already states that private extensions should be
>>> outside the range 0-1000. That range is reserved for the CSS WG.
>>
>> At what point during the standardization process should we switch from
>> considering these as private extensions to values that are approved by
>> the CSS WG?
>
> Probably at the point where you rename them from WEBKIT_ to something
> else? For prefixed properties this usually happens at the CR phase. I'm
> happy with settling constants before then if it is at least somewhat
> clear the proposal is going to make it.

FWIW, since it is pretty clear animation is going to happen I'm happy to
make NAMESPACE_RULE 10 instead. I really couldn't care less. We could also
make it 2, but it seems some people are less happy with that at this
point. (Though @charset really never should have been allocated a constant
and corresponding object...)

--
Anne van Kesteren