Re: [CSSOM] CSSRule.NAMESPACE_RULE

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:01:12 +0100, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
> WebKit already uses 8 and 9 for animation keyframe-related rules:
>
>         const unsigned short WEBKIT_KEYFRAMES_RULE = 8;
>         const unsigned short WEBKIT_KEYFRAME_RULE = 9;

The specification already states that private extensions should be outside
the range 0-1000. That range is reserved for the CSS WG.

> WebKit also has:
>         const unsigned short UNKNOWN_RULE = 0;

But is the object associated with this actually implemented and working?
Last I checked it wasn't.

> We're playing a game of whack-a-mole here. We really need partition out
> numeric ranges somehow.

The specification contains some suggestions for private extension ranges.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/