Re: [CSSOM] CSSRule.NAMESPACE_RULE

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:19:18 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Le 12/03/10 10:03, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :

> Anyway, I have changed NAMESPACE_RULE to use constant 8 instead. Having
> said that, I noticed Firefox uses 0 currently. We could use that as
> well. (0 and 2 can be re-allocated.)

Please do _not_ use 0. 0 is for UnknownRules. I am perfectly aware that
browsers that don't implement something throw it away so the rule never
reaches the stage where an UnknownRule is created. But think of a filter
trying to preserve everything in a stylesheet or an editor (hum:-)
trying to preserve all the rules the web author created. UnknownRules
is then needed. FWIW, I have an implementation of a CSS parser
creating UnknownRules...

</Daniel>