Re: [css3-background] background-shorthand and also border-radius

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 12:41:56 -0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

On Mar 9, 2010, at 12:02 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just a small comment, I'll talk about the rest later.)
>
> Border-radius demonstrates a good use of the slash, in that it only
> appears when there is something for it to separate. It's not just an
> ordering indicator.

So, you also appose the second slash in border-image, where it can
separate the third grouping from the second, even when there is
nothing in the second grouping to separate (just the potential for
something to be there)?

I don't see what is to be gained by taking such a stance. My way adds
clarity, freedom, consistency, and simplicity, and sacrifices nothing.