Re: [css3-fonts] opentype font feature support

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 14:51:10 +0100
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Thomas Phinney:
> - when talking about numerals, I don't see any reason to support some huge list of synonyms.

We should select just one of course, or rather a nice pair. Sorry I wasn’t clear about that.

> - I don't see "font-variant-epoch" interacting meaningfully or consistently with different fonts and writing systems.

It certainly is possible that this particular suggestion of mine doesn’t make much sense, at least not in this form.

> I suppose one could turn on 'hist' and 'hlig' with a single toggle, which might also do 'onum' and 'pnum', but one needs to access the numeric stuff separately anyway.

We do have other instances where there are several (shorthand) properties that interact, e.g. the width of the top border can be set by ‘border-top-width’, ‘border-top’, ‘border-width’ and ‘border’.