Re: [css3-transitions] Issues with starting transitions after inserting content

On Thursday 2010-06-24 20:29 -0700, Simon Fraser wrote:
> The author is doing the following:
>
>   container.appendChild(form);
>   form.style.opacity = "1";
>
> but the browser never renders the initial "opacity: 0" state, so a
> transition does not occur. This is similar to wanting transitions
> to run when "display" changes from "none" to something.

I've been thinking that a solution to this sort of thing is to have
a script API to initiate a transition:  it would take the ending
value, likely also a starting value, and perhaps also a value of the
'transition' property, and would be equivalent to setting
element.style, but with a transition from the starting (or current)
value.

I haven't thought about this in much detail yet, though.

-David