Re: [css3-background] box-shadow spread Multiple Choice Question

On Jun 9, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> Here is my version of that, with the rows numbered to correspond to fantasai's numbers, even though they are in a different order. I've also shown the negative spread cases in each one (which creates the same kind of shape change as for an inner shadow spread). I've also shown the scaled element version, using a tall element (the amount of distortion depends on the width/height ratio).
>
> http://www.bradclicks.com/cssplay/3x3_Corner_Comparison.svg

Also take a look at this one, where I doubled the amount of spread to make the differences more noticeable:

http://www.bradclicks.com/cssplay/3x3_Corner_Comparison2.svg

The differences between 2 and 3 (the first two rows) is still pretty subtle, but maybe you can see why I actually prefer #3 (the middle row) a little for C (the wide ellipse). The transition from vertical to curve is smoother. But either one is fine with me.