Re: is there any implementation of box-lines:multiple?

From: "Alex Mogilevsky" <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 9:40 PM
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
Subject: RE: is there any implementation of box-lines:multiple?

> I want to figure "box-align:stretch" is supposed to in multiline
> situation. Current spec says
>
> # If box-align is stretch, then each line is stretched equally, and the
> elements
> # within each line are stretched to the size of the largest item in that
> line.
>
> "stretched equally" can mean a lot of things. One way to stretch is to
> apply "box-flex:1" to height or width of each line box. That would be cool
> and logical in a flex-box, but it would be a new use of flexibility and
> can have a lot of subtle details.
>
> Any ideas?

Here

http://terrainformatica.com/w3/box-align-stretch.png

is how box-align:stretch can be made with flex units.

Key point there is this:

   border-spacing: 1* 10px; /* "springs" between elements */

Vertical spacing between rows is 10px and horizontal
space between elements is 1 flex so elements are spread
equally in each rows.

The document that you can try with the demo browser from

  <head>

      div.horizontal
      {
        flow: horizontal-flow; /* multiple rows */
        border-spacing: 1* 10px; /* "springs" between elements */
      }

      div.horizontal > div
      {
        border:1px solid brown;